How To Celebrate Husband’s Birthday In Dubai
Celebrating your husband’s birthday in Dubai can be a fun-filled experience because luxurious, ultra-modern Dubai is full of many adventurous activities, sightseeing, and romantic thing to do. It will definitely be a birthday he will always remember.
How to celebrate husband’s birthday in Dubai: Celebrating a husband’s birthday should start off by staying in a hotel that has jaw-dropping views and close to activities you’d like to partake in. Some fun things include camel rides, dune bashing, visiting Burj Khalifa, racecar driving, and more. There are many award-winning restaurants to choose from to enjoy global cuisine.
Dubai is a perfect spot to celebrate a birthday, and you will find that there are many things to do to make memories. Everywhere you go will be picture-worthy, so don’t forget to snap some photos to document the experience. Here are some ideas to put together this special day.
Where To Stay
There are a few great places to stay that will give you remarkable views of Dubai, like the world’s tallest building, Burj Khalifa, the Palm Jumeirah, Dubai Marina, and Jumeirah Beach.
Atlantis The Palm
Located on Palm Jumeirah, which is a man-made island, the Atlantis the Palm is a great experience on its own. With its long private white sand beach and the views of Dubai’s skyline, this hotel is a fantastic choice.
Atlantis the Palm also boasts the Middle East’s largest waterpark. We’re not talking a few faded tube slides and a splash pad. This is home of the “Leap of Faith,” a 60-foot-tall speed slide that shoots you straight through a shark tank. If your hubby is adventurous, this is a park you can’t miss.
There are a few room options you can choose from:
- Guest room – King or two queen beds with a view of either the Palm or Arabian gulf
- Suites – Larger room or a two-bedroom suite with an eating area
- Signature suites – Luxury suite, you can choose from the three-story underwater suite where you can view stingrays, sharks and other ocean life. Or a room with 5 terraces. Or the ultimate luxury suite that has three bedrooms with a 360-degree view.
Raffles Dubai was inspired by ancient Egyptian pyramids with balconies with panoramic views of the Emirate skyline. Lavish and luxurious are fitting descriptions of the interiors. And Raffles promotes itself as “an oasis of calm.”
There are several suites to choose from:
- Middle Eastern royal suite
- Ambassador Suite
- Dubai skyline view
- Signature twin bedroom
- Diplomatic Suite
Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Jumeirah Beach Hotel is a sailboat-shaped building that gives you great views of the Burj Al Arab and an incredible sea view. With stunning waterfront restaurants, a private beach and plenty of amenities to make your stay unforgettable, Jumeirah is a top choice.
Here are some of the different suites to choose from:
- Classic sea-room view for two
- Ocean family deluxe
- Ocean deluxe balcony
- Ocean club
- One bedroom ocean suite
- Two-bedroom ocean suite
More Affordable Options
- Asiana Hotel
- Centro Barsha
- Elite Byblos Hotel
- Savoy Park Hotel Apartments
Sky At Burj Khalifa
The Burj Khalifa is the world’s tallest building, and the SKY experience gives you access to its 148th floor, making you feel like you standing in the sky as you overlook the city through very large, clear windows at 1,820 feet high.
Turn it to an even romantic experience by booking your SKY experience one hour before sunset so you and your husband can enjoy the sunset over Dubai from a bird’s eye view.
You’ll take the dedicated elevator that will bring you up to level 148, which is 23 floors above the main “At the Top” deck. Visiting Level 125 will give you 360-degree views of Dubai as well as the Falcon’s eye view video attraction.
The SKY reception lounge provides Arabic coffee and dates.
Pricing starts at AED 153.70 ($564.54)
Visit The Dubai Mall
The Dubai Mall isn’t just a place to go shopping, although that is always fun. The mall also has places to get coffee, pastries, and other foods, as well as a number of unexpected attractions, including:
- The Dubai Dino – a 155-million-year old Diplodocus skeleton in the Souk’s atrium
- The Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo
- Olympic-sized ice skating rink
- A380 flight simulator
- A Virtual Reality (VR) park
Another perk of spending the day at the Dubai Mall, they have a Sleep Pod Lounge that allows you to rent out a pod for an hour in order to take a power nap.
Exiting from the basement can give you access to the beautiful Dubai fountains.
Fashion Avenue is where you can go to experience high-end fashion with its 80 boutique stores like Dior, Cartier, and Gucci. Here you can also find the Rolex store where maybe you can gift your husband a new watch.
They have homewares, fashion, and accessories in the three-story Bloomingdale’s outpost. On the ground floor, they have a 96,000 square foot store filled with designer shoes.
If high-end is not your husband’s forte, the ground floor and level-1 is home to stores like Ralph Lauren, COS, and Mango. The Village precinct is where you can go shopping for denim, shorts, and leisurewear.
If your husband is more techy than fashion-oriented, you can visit their electronics hub on the second floor.
Dubai Aquarium And Underwater Zoo
In the basement of the Dubai Mall, the Aquarium and Underwater Zoo is a thrilling experience to get up close during feeding time. You don’t need diving experience, and you’ll be in safely enclosed cages while the feeding divers lure the sharks in towards you. The shark encounter is AED 630 ($171)
Visit the underwater zoo to check out King Croc weighing in at 750 kgs, which is the equivalent to 14 and a half fully grown men. King Croc is over 5M in length, which is equivalent to six full-sized shopping carts making him one of the largest reptiles to ever be in a protected environment.
A380 Flight Simulator
Experience the excitement and challenges that a pilot would face by taking control of an A380 flight simulator.
You will be able to choose your airport from thousands of options and select from a range of destination paths, as well as weather conditions.
You can find this flight simulator on the second floor of the Dubai Mall next to the entrance of the Aquarium and Underwater Zoo.
You can choose a 15 minute, 30 minutes, or 60-minute flight starting at AED 160 ($43)
In the mall, you will find an average food court, but along with that, the Dubai Mall has many great cafes, bakeries, and restaurants to grab a bite to eat.
Here are a few delicious options:
- Asma restaurant – A contemporary Middle Eastern sharing concept
- Cova – An upscale Italian bakery and restaurant
- Parker’s – American cuisine with burgers and other American favorites
- Tribes – Casual dining experience inspired by the food and flavors of Africa
- Wagamama – Inspired by Japanese-styles ramen bars
- Tanuki – A casual Pan-Asian restaurant
The Dubai Fountain is a large performing fountain that gives you a range of sights and sounds. Entry to the fountain experience is AED 20 ($5), and there are several different showtimes to choose from.
- Saturday to Thursday: 1 and 1:30 pm
- Friday afternoon: 1:30 and 2 pm
- Friday evening: Every 30 minutes, from 6 -11 pm
- First and second day of Eid Al Adha afternoon: Every hour, from 2 – 5 pm and every 30 minutes, from 6 pm – 12 am
- On Arafat Day: Every 30 minutes, from 7:30 pm – 11 pm
Take A Desert Safari
One of the most iconic and must-see attractions in Dubai is the Desert Safari. There are many different options to choose from that involve dune bashing, sandboarding, camel rides, and food. There is an option to be in the desert while the sun is rising and another while the sun is setting.
What a beautiful way to begin or end a birthday, with a camel ride across the desert while the sun is rising or setting – put it on the list!
There are several different tours to choose from that will eventually lead you to the Al Khayma Camp, where you will be greeted with Arabic coffee and dates and be entertained by Tanura and Belly dancers, receive henna tattoos and try shisha pipe smoking while you wait for a BBQ buffet dinner.
Check Out The Al Fahidi Historical District
The Al Fahidi Historical District is a great area to visit to get a glimpse of Emirati history and culture. Walking through, you will come across light installations, museums, and cultural activities and events.
The neighborhood is built with traditional buildings made out of stone, teak, sandalwood, fronds, and palm wood.
One great attraction to check out is the Museum of Illusions, where you will have an intriguing visual and educational experience. They have an anti-gravity room, Ames room, a rotating room, an infinity room, and more. Tickets are AED 75 ($20)
You can even purchase cultural tours of the Al Fahidi district where you will spend one and a half hours visiting the Ruler’s Court Mosque, sample Arabic coffee, sit inside the original wind tower house that dates back to the 19th Century. Tickets start at AED 91 ($25)
If your husband is a lover of fast cars and adrenaline, then taking him to the Dubai Autodrome will be a great way to celebrate his birthday. There are several different cars to choose from that will each give a different experience when they drive around the track.
Experiences can range from AED 1000 ($272) to AED 9995 ($2721), or he can choose the option to be a passenger in the vehicle while a professional driver takes him for a spin at a price ranging between AED 250-825 ($68-$224)
Palm Jumeirah is Duba’s iconic man-made island that is in the shape of a palm tree and is popular for its views of Dubai’s coastline. It is easy to access, has plenty of dining experiences, and many attractions to visit.
Here you can find beach clubs with spas and infinity pools that turn into lively nightclubs with live DJs.
Here is a list of attractions to check out at Palm Jumeirah
- Dubai Palm cruise tour
- Standup paddleboard lesson
- Hop-on/hop-off big bus Dubai tour
- Lost Chambers Aquarium at Atlantis The Palm
- Aquaventure waterpark at Atlantis the Palm
Dubai Helicopter Sightseeing
A helicopter ride can allow you and your husband to view Dubai in a completely different way. Seeing Dubai’s beautiful skyline from up above is a great memory to have, and you’ll also get to view famous landmarks like Palm Island, Burj Al Arab, and the Burj Khalifa, which is the world’s largest building.
This can be a perfect quick trip to get a view of everything as you can choose between a 12-minute flight, a 15-minute flight, or a 25-minute flight.
Dubai is a beautiful place to go visit the desert, but a great way to get out of the heat is to enjoy some skiing. No, Dubai does not have cold, snowy mountains. However, they do have an indoor ski slope that allows you to enjoy skiing, snowboarding, tobogganing, and other snow activities.
You can get a 2-hour ski pass for AED 210 ($57) or a full-day pass for AED 310 ($84) If you want to have some extra fun, Ski Dubai has a Skifly-slope package for AED 305 ($83) that allows you to have two hour ski time and two indoor skydiving experiences at iFLY Dubai.
They have the Snow Plus package for AED 340 ($92) which includes:
- Unlimited access to all the Snow Park rides
- One of these experiences: 2 hours of the slope, 40-minute penguin encounter, snow bullet ride, or 60 minutes Discovery lesson
- Standard locker and fleece gloves
Kick up the snow fun for the day by purchasing the premium package for AED 490 ($133). This includes:
- 40-minute penguin encounter
- Slope pass or 60-minute ski/snowboard discovery lesson
- Unlimited access to the Snow Park and rides (tubing, snow bumpers, climbing wall, zorb wall, bobsleds, sliding hills, mountain thriller ride, and more)
- Standard locker, waterproof gloves
- Meal at North 28 restaurant that includes hot chocolate, hand warmers, and a bottled water
If your husband enjoys adrenaline, making sky diving a part of his birthday celebration will be joyous for him. If you don’t want to throw him out of an actual plane, iFly Dubai allows you to feel the excitement of skydiving, but in the safety of their supervised and controlled wind tunnel.
iFly Dubai has several different packages to choose from:
The Standard package is a two-minute flight that is suitable for first-time flyers. The package is AED 220 ($59) and includes:
- A training session
- 2 two-minute flights
- Flight gear
- One on one personal instructor
- Flying certificate
The 10-minute flight is for experienced flyers and gives you plenty of time to perfect your form. This package is AED 750 ($204) and includes:
- Flight gear
- 10 minutes of flight time that can be used over a period of multiple visits
- One on one personal instructor
If your husband enjoys the thrill of jumping out a plane and diving through the sky, well, then skydiving in Dubai is a perfect thrilling experience for him.
With Skydive Dubai, you can safely experience skydiving by being securely harnessed to a professional as you freefall at over 120 miles per hour. They have two great locations, one that will allow you to enjoy the beauty of Dubai’s skyline and one that can give you views of the desert.
The Palm dropzone costs AED 2,199 ($598), and the Desert dropzone costs AED 1699 ($462)
If you plan on skydiving, it is important not to have scuba dived 24 hours before. There should not be any drugs or alcohol in your system 24 hours prior.
A Fancy Birthday Dinner in Dubai
Dubai is home to over 200 nationalities, so it is a perfect area to try global cuisine for your husband’s birthday celebration. There are many fine restaurants to choose from that are bound to give you a tremendous dining experience you won’t forget.
Here are some highly-rated restaurants in Dubai:
- Indego by Vineet is an award-winning restaurant that brings Indian cuisine to the table by using many aromas, textures, and flavors. They blend traditional spices with a gourmet presentation into their dishes from starters to the main course, all the way through to dessert.
- Armani/Amal uses unique cooking methods with signature ingredients from traditional family recipes to recreate authentic Indian dishes. There is an assortment of traditional and modern dishes to choose from, like curries, tandoori specialties, and aromatic side dishes.
- Buddha-Bar is known as Dubai’s most sought after venue with its two-story-high location, glamorous interior, chandeliers, and large bay windows that showcase an exceptional view of the Dubai Marina and has a large golden Buddha statue overlooking the dining room. Here you can experience dishes inspired by Thailand, Japan, and China.
- Pai Thai is a gourmet Thai restaurant that you have to actually be transported by a traditional abra boat to get to. The restaurant has magnificent views across Madinat’s waterways. With their authentic flavored dishes, Pai Thai won the Time Out Dubai Best South Asian Restaurant Award for four years in a row, which makes it a great place to celebrate a birthday.